Most people will know that I had a less than great relationship with my Dad, he wasn’t interested in us growing up even when he and Mum were together and I haven’t spoken to him since I was 10. It is so true that anyone can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Dad.
Thankfully I had a fantastic Grandpa and amazing Uncles that stepped in and made sure my sisters and I didn’t miss out on anything and had positive male rolemodels in our lives.
When Mr B and I made the decision to start a family I knew he would be a brilliant Dad. He is loving, caring, patient and he loves spending time with her and teach her things.
Between Miss B and I we made a list of all the reasons why he is a good Daddy:
- We joke that he is too overprotective but he just loves her and doesn’t want anything to happen to her
- He teaches her things and takes great pleasure in seeing her learn
- He wants her to be the best she can be and do what she wants in life so works really hard to let her have opportunities
- He lets her try new things even though he might be freakin out inside about it all
- He teaches her to appreciate things
- He is really supportive
- We work hard together to lead her in the right direction
Miss Bs List
- He takes me to Nursery
- He looks after me
- We do lots of fun things
- He lets me scoot in the living room
- He takes me to gymnastics and helps me practice
- He lets me help with his Xbox games
- He lets me watch films
- He helps me with the CBeebies website
- He helps me learnt hings for nursery
They both dote on each other and I love watching them together. Miss B and I have chosen some of our favourite photos of them from the last 5 years.
Happy Father Day Daddy 🙂
Miss B xxx